CDL Entry Requirements
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship. Please contact the CDL site at
479-462-5072 to obtain information on the documents
- Reading and math skills at a minimum of a 7th grade level
(reading assessment will be given at time of application).
- Students must be at least 21 years of age.
- Students must be able to pass a DOT physical and drug screen.
- Students must be able to read and speak the English language
sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand
highway signs, and respond to inquiries and make entries on
reports and records in the English language.
- Students must provide a clean driving record from the Department
of Motor Vehicles.
- No DUI’s or illegal transportation in the last five years, and no
suspensions or revocations of your license in the last three years
(one moving violation per year over the last three years is allowed).
- Payment of tuition is required to enter the program.
- Public record background checks are performed on all CDL applicants.
Restrictions may apply to applicants for the CDL Program who have
felony convictions. Failure to disclose a felony conviction may
result in the applicant being denied admittance into the CDL Program.
If you have questions regarding the entry requirements, please contact the CDL site at 479-462-5072