CBPD Non-credit Programs (Professional Development & Continuing Education)
The Center for Business and Professional Development offers a large variety of non-credit, online classes. Categories include Accounting and Finance, Business Management, Computer Applications and Technology (including Microsoft Office classes), Healthcare, Languages, Personal Development, and more. Whether you are interested in updating current career skills, or are looking for a new hobby, there's something for everyone!
The online classrooms are accessible 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, making them a convenient option for a busy schedule. EducationToGo instructors are available for help via email and discussion boards with other students are also available. If you've ever considered an online class, follow this link to view what is available or to obtain additional information.
Due to an abundance of caution in response to Covid-19, much of the programming for The Center for Business and Professional Development has been moved fully online.
Customized Consulting & Training
The Center for Business and Professional Development works in conjunction with businesses and organizations to ensure organizational effectiveness at all levels. Services may be provided on campus or the location of the customer’s choice as well as online, face-to-face or a hybrid of the two. Specific areas of expertise and samples of available programs for your organization include:
- Business & Technical Writing
- Developing Positive Assertiveness
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strategic Planning
- Communicating Effectively
- Understanding Behavior Styles
- Presentations that Work
- Creating a Culture of Customer Service
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Microsoft Excel (Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced)
- American Sign Language
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Training
- PLC Fundamentals/Advanced PLC Control
- Motor Control Fundamentals
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Robotics Programming & Maintenance
Leadership & Management
- Workplace Supervision Series – Part 1
- Communicating Effectively
- Performance Management
- Workplace Compliance
- Elevate! Workplace Supervision Series – Part 2
- Ethics in the Workplace
- Inclusion in the Workplace
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Workplace Communication
- Managing Teams
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
Lean Six Sigma – the elimination of waste & improving efficiency
- White Belt – Introduction to Lean Six Sigma. The white belt is a must for managers who want an appreciation of the commitment necessary to implement statistically based process improvement and the return on investment to be gained.
- Yellow Belt - This Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course teaches any employee the Lean Six Sigma philosophy and how to apply it in his or her role on a day-to-day basis.
- Green Belt - This series of courses prepares those who wish to become Six Sigma Green Belts and Project Team Leaders. It provides an introduction to Lean, and can be used as a prerequisite for Black Belt certification.
- Black Belt - The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course develops understanding and enables employment of one of today's proven approaches to maximizing productivity through control over process design and execution. This course is designed for Black Belt Project Managers.
For more information on any of these services or how The Center for Business and Professional Development can partner with your organization, please contact us by emailing Kendall Ross or calling 479-788-7759.