Questions? Contact Us.
- Senior Director of Marketing and Communications
- Mon. - Fri.: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Advancement Center, Room 105A
The university trademark licensing program exists to protect and promote the names, marks, and logos of the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith. It is administered by the Office of University Marketing and Communications.
UAFS partners with the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) to help in the administration, protection, and marketing of its program.
The objectives of the licensing program are to:
- Protect the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith’s reputation by ensuring that all university trademarks are used in a manner that is consistent with the mission of the university and reflect favorably on the university.
- Promote UAFS’s brand and reputation through quality, licensed products.
- Produce revenue to pay for the expense of operating the licensing program and for a variety of university programs.
Any individual or company seeking to market and/or manufacture products bearing the
name, symbols, insignia, designs, logos, or other identifying marks of the University
of Arkansas – Fort Smith must obtain a license from UAFS.
UAFS partners with Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) to help in the administration, protection, and marketing of its program. Together, we identify and cultivate new consumer product companies that can bring value to UAFS fans through licensed merchandise. Companies can pursue a standard license in one of two categories:
- Retail – Allows a company to produce products bearing the trademarks of collegiate institutions for sale at retail in approved retail channels and direct to consumer, as well as university departments and related entities.
- Internal – Allows a company to produce product bearing the trademarks of collegiate institutions for university departments and related entities for internal consumption only; cannot provide product at retailer direct to consumer.
Download a quick reference guide to license types.
NCAA/Bowls/Conference Listing – CLC has a separate licensing process for “hot market” events, including NCAA tournaments, the College Football Playoff, bowl games, and athletic conferences. Existing CLC licensees may apply for these programs via the Brand Manager 360 system. For companies not currently licensed through CLC, contact CLC’s NCAA & Bowl Properties Division at 770-956-0520.
It generally takes first-time licensees up to 12 weeks, depending upon the type of license you choose, to complete the licensing process.
- Visit our licensing agency’s web page at CLC.com
- Click on the “Get Licensed” tab at the top of the page
- Review the types of licenses within the Standard License Program to help best determine which license best fits your business
- Review the fact sheets for the application process, licensing considerations, corporate responsibility, and insurance requirements.
- Click the “Apply Now” button
- Create a CLC application account
- Proceed with the application process
Businesses or organizations interested in using the UAFS name or trademarks can partner with the university through a sponsorship agreement.
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Christy Williams, director of Corporate and Foundation Engagement, at 479-788-7022 or Christy.Williams@uafs.edu.
Licensed vendors are legally allowed to produce items with UAFS trademarks. These vendors have successfully gone through the approval process which ensures:
- Consistent and accurate use of the UAFS brand
- Product liability insurance
- Artwork approval
- A commitment to corporate responsibility
- Product quality
Licensed vendors have access to UAFS logos and other artwork. These vendors will submit artwork for approval on your behalf ensuring your design receives final approval before production.
Printed materials including banners, posters, pamphlets, brochures and other similar informational or promotional print items. This list excludes stationary.
There’s a pride that comes with being a University of Arkansas – Fort Smith Lion. After all, this is a place where people of all ages and backgrounds are empowered to lead better lives. But brand integrity is a fragile thing. When large numbers of individuals are tasked with representing one institution, it becomes very easy for that institution’s story to inadvertently become diluted, misconstrued, or even rewritten.
UAFS has developed a brand book to help you represent this institution – in all of its many publications, electronic media, and products – authentically and consistently. Think of it as an owner’s manual for telling the UAFS story and for how to “use” the UAFS brand elements.
The university’s color palette is rooted in our Navy blue and supported by rich, vibrant colors that reflect the energy and spirit of UAFS.
Visit our brand book for a full listing of UAFS color options.